Motto: “Help with Love”
SAKWA is a philanthropic Association of professional and business women of the Santa village, who are joined in friendship and love, to help the less privileged in the community through economic and social development.
It was founded in 2006 in Yaoundé by Santa women.
Aims: To enable and empower the women and girl child in particular and the rest of the population as whole through education and life skills training.
Activities so far:
- Provided 12 women’s group in Santa with 70 bags of fertilizers to help improve the crop yields.
- Donated farming equipment to women
- Akwete women attended a seminar on sensitization and voluntary screening on HIV/AIDS in May 2015.
- A long term project for the building of “women’s empowerment center" was launched in 2015. HRH Fon Hope Achiri Boma III graciously offered the land for the building.
- The architectural design is now available and the project has been costed at 52.000.000frs (fifty two million cfa).
- So far we have molded 2000 blocks and thrown sand and stones on the site.
|President||Bridget Shuri Anyu|
|Director of Culture||Alice Kwetamo|
|Secretary||Evelyne Siribi Sabtala|
|Financial Secretary||Vanessa Boma|
|Treasurer||Pride Ngekwi Angu|
|Project Action officer||Yvonne Boma|
|Social secretary||Clodine Fozao|
Sensitization and screening of HIV/AIDS on women in cultural groups
Akwete women participating in a seminar organized by Soroptimist International club Mount Febe under the theme "Sensitization and screening of HIV/AIDS on women in cultural groups"
Pictured: The President Bridget Anyu together with the two Advisers Playne fuondjing and Helen Boma - a member being screened.
Architectural designs for the women empowerment center Santa Village